Horsetail for Hair Growth
The fall of the hair is a normal phenomenon, since each hair has a life cycle and when it reaches the end it falls out and the cycle starts again.
Losing hair should not be cause for concern as long as it remains within normal limits.
According to the American Academy of Dermatologists, it’s normal to lose anywhere from 50 to 100 strands of hair per day. For people with longer hair strands, losing them may be more noticeable. Since there are 100,000 hair follicles — or more — on each person’s scalp, the loss of 100 or so hair strands a day doesn’t make a big difference in appearance.
Normally, human hair grows about 1.27 centimeters per month.
What Is Horsetail Plant Extract?
Horsetail extract is taken from the horsetail plant, also known as Equisetum arvense. Horsetails are a class in the fern family of plants. The name “horsetail” arose because the branched plant resembles the tail and mane of a horse.
How Does Horsetail Extract for Hair Growth Work?
Horsetail vitamins main ingredient is the mineral silica, which strengthens hair strands, as well as nails and bones. It promotes structural integrity of the hair as well as improves its sheen and texture. It may also be beneficial for dandruff and split ends.
Another mineral contained in horsetail is selenium. Selenium helps your body process iodine, which regulates hair growth. Additionally, horsetail contains a treasure trove of other good stuff that contribute to its medicinal properties: potassium, aluminum salts, alkaloids, bitters, saponins, flavonoids, and aconitic acid.
(This plant is not a miracle remedy to recover or prevent hair loss, but it can help us slow down the fall and stimulate hair growth naturally, especially if it is due to a deficiency of nutrients.)
How to Use Horsetail for Hair Growth
Taking a horsetail supplement for hair growth can be a great addition to your daily routine. However, one of the easiest and most multi-tasking ways to take horsetail extract for hair is as part of a complete hair growth supplement for women that not only has horsetail plant extract but also has key vitamins (Biotin, Vitamin C, Niacin) and minerals (Iron, Zinc) for hair growth.
There are several ways to use/consume horsetail:
1. Tea/Infusions: The tea should be taken daily.
2. Shampoo: Use shampoo mixed with infusion or horsetail extract.
Preparation: In half a cup of boiling water throw 3 tablespoons of horsetail grass. Allow the water to cool before brewing and mix it with neutral shampoo or baby shampoo.
3. Hair Rinse: An infusion to clarify the hair and improve capillary circulation with massage. Since your scalp easily absorbs the nutrients in this herb, this is an effective and quick way to see results.
4. Capsules: The most common form is an orally taken pill or capsule. This is a good method of taking horsetail for those who want an all-around positive change, or who prefer something simple and easy to take.
This is one of the simplest ways to get the nutrients from this plant. A horsetail capsule can help your hair regenerate more quickly.
5. You can also take horsetail in the form of horsetail extract, which comes as a bottled oil. Those with thinning hair prefer horsetail extract for hair loss, as it brings nutrients directly to the source of hair loss (the scalp and hair follicles). This is also a popular option for those looking to treat itchy scalp, or those with burns or other scalp issues, as horsetail is an excellent herb for skin health.
Patience is very important during this process. Your hair needs time so it can adequately regenerate, and look amazing and full of life.
As you can see, this is a fairly versatile plant that has tons of health benefits for the human body. So, if you’re looking for a natural way to get longer hair, give Horsetail Grass supplements a try.
Have you tried Horsetail? Tell us about it.